Fun on the rocks
Sport climbing - challenging your mind, body and willpower!
There are about 33 official climbing gardens in the regions Bregenzerwald, Montafon, Bodensee-Vorarlberg, Kleinwalsertal, Lech Zürs am Arlberg and Alpenregion Vorarlberg with numerous routes in all difficulties. Here is a selection:
- In the Brandnertal, there is a climbing garden at the valley terminal of the Lünerseebahn in Brand (levels IV – VI+) and in Bürs (levels V – X+).
Climbing in Brandnertal
- In Dalaas in the Klostertal, the two most frequented climbing routes are “Schröfle“ (levels II – VI+) and “Radona“ (levels IV – VIII+). The climbing park “Marmotta-Wand“ (levels II-IV+) below Freiburger Hütte is suited for families. Furthermore, there is a beautiful climbing garden “Spullerplatten” at the lake “Spullersee” near the AV Mountain Hut “Ravensburgerhütte”, which is also suited for beginners.
Climbing in Klostertal
- In the Grosses Walsertal Biosphere Reserve, the climbing garden at Wandfluh has practice crags with routes of varying difficulty.
www.grosseswalsertal.at/klettern (German only)
- In the various climbing gardens in the Montafon, you can perfectly prepare for your tour or learn and perfect new safety techniques. Thanks to varying degrees of difficulty and a multitude of routes, every climber gets their money’s worth here.
In Montafon, the Rifa climbing park is particularly recommendable: on site are 30 well-secured climbing routes, a practice climbing route and possibility to practice abseiling. Access to the rocks is no more than three minutes away. Plus those belaying below can stand barefoot in the meadow! Rounding off the experience is a log cabin that offers shelter as well as BBQ facilities for afterwards.
The Latschau climbing park is ideal for beginners: here there are routes with difficulties III-VI and you can exit at any time. The climbing park is only a few minutes’ walk from the Latschau reservoir.
- In Lech am Arlberg there is a newly built climbing park at Rüfikopf at approximately 2300m is ideal for learning climbing.
- Beginners or expert, young ode rnot so young: the Bregenzerwald’s Climbing and rope courses offer the perfect training ground
Climbing in the Bregenzerwald
Climbing gardens are only suitable for experienced climbers. Beginners are recommended to take a climbing course to learn the necessary basic techniques, the correct use of safety equipment, correct belaying and abseiling. Various taster and introductory courses can be found under climbing offers in Vorarlberg. In addition, the state-authorised sport climbing instructors of Bergpartner Vorarlberg are available to you at any time.
Sport climbing in the climbing garden "Rifa", Montafon
Beginners learn step-by-step climbing and belaying techniques as well as independent abseiling during a day climbing course on the rock in various mountaineering schools.
Climbing and bouldering halls are very popular as training facilities or as an alternative during poor weather.