The allure of canyoning has to be experienced to be believed: The power of water, the tug of the current, natural slides and jumps into crystal clear pools, abseiling over thundering waterfalls, and adventure in a fascinating, otherwise inaccessible natural landscape! Quench your thirst for adventure, but beware, a healthy dose of courage is required at every twist and turn! The gorges near Dornbirn (Kobelach/Merlins World and Kangaroo-Jump, Rudach) are amongst the most beautiful canyoning areas in Austria. What’s more, canyoning tours are offered for both beginners and the advanced. Please note: For some providers, a minimum number of participants is required.
State-certified guides conduct all canyoning tours. Participants are provided with all the necessary equipment such as wetsuits and safety equipment.
Requirements: Ability to swim, a sense of adventure, and a love for the great outdoors
Discover the most beautiful places for canyoning with these professional outdoor providers
- Alpine Passion (tours for both beginners and the advanced in the Dornbirn area): www.alpine-passion.at (German only)
- Alpinschule bergaufbergab Alpine school (tester tour in Dornbirn or Dafins/Zwischenwasser): www.bergaufbergab.com
- Alpinschule Schröcken Alpine school (tours in Schröcken/Bregenzerwald and environs as well as Dornbirn): www.alpinschule-schroecken.at (German only)
- Alpinschule Widderstein Alpine school (family canyoning, night canyoning): www.alpinschulewidderstein.com (German only)
- Arlberg Alpin (tours in Lech, Stuben, Zürs, Schröcken and Dornbirn): www.arlbergalpin.at
- Bergschule Kleinwalsertal mountaineering school (tours in Kleinwalsertal, even options lasting several days): www.bergschule.at (German only)
- Canyoning Team Vorarlberg (extensive range of tours for beginners and the advanced, ladies-only tours, families, night canyoning, courses and workshops): www.canyoning-team.com (German only)
- canyoningguides.at, Roman Beer (tours for both beginners and the advanced in the Dornbirn area and Bregenzerwald): www.canyoningguides.at (German only)
- Free Motion, Walter Schallert (canyoning in Lech and Dornbirn): www.free-motion.at
- HIGH 5 (Tours near Dornbirn): www.outdoor.at (German only)
- Holzschopf, Jürgen Strolz (Tours in the Schröcken area and near Dornbirn for children and teens): www.holzschopf.com (German only)
- canyoning.cc, Bischof Richard (Tours at Vorarlberg for both beginners and advanced): www.canyoning.cc (German only)