Visiting Vorarlberg safely
Holiday and Leisure
State of data: 30 may 2022
From 1 June 2022, the FFP2 mask obligation will be largely repealed. It will only apply in hospitals, health care facilities, retirement and care homes. The distance and hygiene recommendations still apply.
Vaccinated – Recovered – Tested (G rules: Geimpft – Genesen – Getestet):
Information on validity
- From 1 February 2022, the validity period of a double vaccination is to be reduced to 180 days. The vaccination certificate of the under 18s is valid for 210 days.
- For recovered people who have been vaccinated once, the vaccination proof is valid for 180 days from the date of vaccination.
- After receiving another vaccination (3rd dose, booster) the validity is again 365 days.
Approved vaccines: BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Moderna, Novavax. Sinopharm and Sinovac are only valid for entry into Austria.
The digital EU-vaccination certificate, the yellow vaccination certificate, a vaccination card or a printout/PDF of the data from the e-vaccination certificate are considered as proof of vaccination.
- A certificate of segregation or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology, for example, is considered as proof for 180 days.
- An PCR test (72 hours) or antigen test (24 hours) are valid as proof of testing.
- Children up to the age of 12 do not require testing or proof of 3G in Austria.