The sunrise walks start early in the morning, having arrived at the top, you will be greeted by the first rays of sunshine – a memorable experience which soothes the pain of having risen that early.
Breath-taking scenery and panoramic views included.
For wildlife, the hours around dawn are an important time for taking in food and stocking up on energy. If they have the peace and time to absorb enough food during this part of the day, they can survive. As hikers and nature lovers we therefore have a special responsibility towards nature. For this reason, please make use of the guided and accompanied hiking offers!
Sunrise or Sunset Outings
- The Bregenzerwald also offers guided sunrise hikes to different peaks for early-birds. In Au-Schoppernau, an early-bird hike runs up to the imposing Kanisfluh (2,044 m) on Tuesdays from 6 June to 10 October 2023. Free for guests staying in Au-Schoppernau (others guests pay EUR 25). Registration by 5 p.m. the day before at the Au-Schoppernau tourist office.
- A guided sunrise walk is organised every second thursday from 6 July to 14 September 2023 from Warth up to the Wartherhorn (2,256 m, total walking time 3 to 4 hours, surefootedness required) and from 29 June to 5 October 2023 every second Thursday to the Höferspitze (2,131 m) at sunset. Total walking time 2.5 to 3 hours. Guests from Warth and Schröcken pay EUR 30, other guests pay EUR 50. Registration in the tourist office by 12 noon the day before.
- Every Saturday from July to mid September, guide Martin Murr leads from Lech to the Mohnenfluh (2,542 m) at sunrise. Three hour hike, surefootedness required. Price without Lech Card: EUR 50 per person. Registration the day before until 5 p.m. at Lech Zürs Tourismus.
- The Diedamskopfbahn ropeway in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald, offers weekly sunset rides every thursday from 13 July to 7 Sepember 2023 (free for holders of the Bregenzerwald Card). From Diedamskopf, you can take in fascinating panoramic views right to Lake Constance. The Diedamskopfbahn also offers sunset rides with a buffet in the mountain restaurant every Thursday from 13 July to 7 September 2023 from 6 p.m.with a buffet at the Panorama restaurant at the mountain station. Summer buffet in the mountain restaurant only with prior reservation.
- Every Friday in July and August there are evening rides up to the Rüfikopf in Lech at sunset (every half hour from 6.30 pm, exclusively for Lech Card holders). You can also enjoy the sunset from the Rüfikopf as a guided hike from July 7th to August 25th and then hike to Lake Monzabon with a guide. The starting time for the guided tour depends on the date (duration approx. 2 hours). Register the day before by 5:00 p.m. at Lech Zürs Tourismus.
- The Karrenseilbahn cable car in Dornbirn runs until 11 p.m. and not only offers a magical view of the city, the Rhine Valley and Lake Constance at sunset, but also a culinary delight in the panoramic restaurant.
- Every Sunday in August, the Sonntag-Stein cable way, Großes Walsertal, offers evening rides and sunset rides (until 8 p.m.).
- Along the shores of Lake Constance, you will find glamorous sunsets at perfectly west-facing viewpoints. The sunset steps at the harbour pier in Bregenz, the lakeshore between Bregenz and Lochau, and the cafés/restaurants in the Bregenz harbour area are all popular rallying points.
- Guided hiking tours in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald (information in German)
- Guided sunrise walk to Wartherhorn oder Höferspitze, Warth, Bregenzerwald
- Sunset rides Diedamskopf, Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald (information in German)
- Sunset rides to Rüfikopf, Lech am Arlberg (information in German)
- Sonntag-Stein cable car
- Karren cable car, Dornbirn