The sunrise walks start early in the morning, having arrived at the top, you will be greeted by the first rays of sunshine – a memorable experience which soothes the pain of having risen that early.
Breath-taking scenery and panoramic views included.
For wildlife, the hours around dawn are an important time for taking in food and stocking up on energy. If they have the peace and time to absorb enough food during this part of the day, they can survive. As hikers and nature lovers we therefore have a special responsibility towards nature. For this reason, please make use of the guided and accompanied hiking offers! As soon as the dates for summer 2022 are known, they will be published here.
Sunrise or Sunset Outings
- The Bregenzerwald also offers guided sunrise hikes to different peaks for early-birds. In Au-Schoppernau, an early-bird hike runs up to the imposing Kanisfluh (2,044 m) on Tuesdays from 7 June to 11 October 2022. Free for guests staying in Au-Schoppernau (others guests pay EUR 25). Registration by 5 p.m. the day before at the Au-Schoppernau tourist office.
- A guided sunrise walk is organised every second thursday from 7 July to 15 September 2022 from Warth up to the Wartherhorn (2,256 m) and every second Thursday from 30 June to 6 October 2022 to the Höferspitze (2,131 m) at sunset. Total walking time 2.5 to 3 hours. Guests from Warth and Schröcken take part free of charge, other guests pay EUR 25. Registration in the tourist office by 12 noon the day before.
- Every Saturday from July to mid September, Martin Murr leads from Lech to the Mohnenfluh (2,542 m) at sunrise. Three hour hike. Surefootedness required. Registration the day before until 5 p.m. at Lech Zürs Tourismus.
- The Diedamskopfbahn ropeway in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald, offers weekly sunset rides every thursday from 14 July to 8 Sepember 2022 with a buffet at the Panorama restaurant at the mountain station. From Diedamskopf, you can take in fascinating panoramic views right to Lake Constance. Buffet in the mountain restaurant this year only with advance booking possible.
- The Karrenseilbahn cable car in Dornbirn runs until 11 p.m. and not only offers a magical view of the city, the Rhine Valley and Lake Constance at sunset, but also a culinary delight in the panoramic restaurant.
- Every Sunday in August, the Sonntag-Stein cable way, Großes Walsertal, offers evening rides and sunset rides (until 8 p.m.).
- Along the shores of Lake Constance, you will find glamorous sunsets at perfectly west-facing viewpoints. The sunset steps at the harbour pier in Bregenz, the lakeshore between Bregenz and Lochau, and the cafés/restaurants in the Bregenz harbour area are all popular rallying points.