The sunrise walks start early in the morning, having arrived at the top, you will be greeted by the first rays of sunshine – a memorable experience which soothes the pain of having risen that early.
Breath-taking scenery and panoramic views included.
For wildlife, the hours around dawn are an important time for taking in food and stocking up on energy. If they have the peace and time to absorb enough food during this part of the day, they can survive. As hikers and nature lovers we therefore have a special responsibility towards nature. For this reason, please make use of the guided and accompanied hiking offers!
Sunrise or Sunset Outings
- Sunrise walks from Bürserberg-Tschengla in the Brandnertal to Mondspitze at 2,000 metres are organised on Tuesdays from 7 July to 6 october 2020. The early-bird hike starts between 3 and 4’o clock in the morning. The walking time is approx. 4 hours (there and back). The hike ends with a hearty mountain breakfast. The fee for participation is EUR 30, including breakfast for Brandnertal Card holder, EUR 50 without a guest card. Tip: On the way back you have the possibility to strengthen yourself with an extensive mountain breakfast (not included in the price). Registration and booking by 3 p.m. the day before at Brandnertal Tourismus.
- The Bregenzerwald also offers guided sunrise hikes to different peaks for early-birds. In Au-Schoppernau, an early-bird hike runs up to the imposing Kanisfluh (2,044 m) on Tuesdays from June to 13 October 2020. Free for guests staying in Au-Schoppernau (others guests pay EUR 25). Registration by 5 p.m. the day before at the Au-Schoppernau tourist office.
- A guided sunrise walk is organised every second thursday from 16 July to 8 October 2020 from Warth up to the Wartherhorn (2,256 m) and every second Thursday from 23 July 23 to 1 October 2020 to the Höferspitze (2,131 m) at sunset. Total walking time 2.5 to 3 hours. Guests from Warth and Schröcken take part free of charge, other guests pay EUR 25. Registration in the tourist office by 12 noon the day before.
- Every Saturday to September 13, Martin Murr leads from Lech to the Mohnenfluh (2,542 m) at sunrise. Three hour hike. Surefootedness required. Registration the day before until 5 p.m. at Lech Zürs Tourismus.
- The Diedamskopfbahn ropeway in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald, offers weekly sunset rides every thursday from 16 July to 10 Sepember 2020 with a buffet at the Panorama restaurant at the mountain station. From Diedamskopf, you can take in fascinating panoramic views right to Lake Constance. Buffet in the mountain restaurant this year only with advance booking possible.
- The Karrenseilbahn cable car in Dornbirn runs until 11 p.m. and not only offers a magical view of the city, the Rhine Valley and Lake Constance at sunset, but also a culinary delight in the panoramic restaurant.
- Every Sunday in August, the Sonntag-Stein cable way, Großes Walsertal, offers evening rides and sunset rides (until 8 p.m.).
- Along the shores of Lake Constance, you will find glamorous sunsets at perfectly west-facing viewpoints. The sunset steps at the harbour pier in Bregenz, the lakeshore between Bregenz and Lochau, and the cafés/restaurants in the Bregenz harbour area are all popular rallying points.
- Guided sunrise walk to “Mondspitze”, Brandnertal
- Guided hiking tours in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald (information in German)
- Guided sunrise walk to Wartherhorn oder Höferspitze, Warth, Bregenzerwald
- Sunrise on the Mohnenfluh, Lech-Zürs Tourismus
- Sunset rides Diedamskopf, Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald (information in German)
- Sonntag-Stein cable car
- Karren cable car, Dornbirn