The sunrise walks start early in the morning, having arrived at the top, you will be greeted by the first rays of sunshine – a memorable experience which soothes the pain of having risen that early.
Breath-taking scenery and panoramic views included.
Sunrise or Sunset Outings
- Sunsets are twice as impressive when watched from the almost 2,000 m high Hoher Frassen in the Grosses Walsertal biosphere park. Join a guided walk plus snack on a mountain hut and be part of this experience, organised once a week (mid-July to mid-September).
- Sunrise walks to Zafernhorn (2,107 m) are organised on Fridays in the Grosses Walsertal biosphere park. The intermediate-level 2.5 hour includes mountain breakfast. Free of charge for guests staying at a BERGaktiv partner business.
- Sunrise walks from Bürserberg-Tschengla in the Brandnertal to Mondspitze at 2,000 metres are organised on Tuesdays from early July to mid-September. The early-bird hike starts between 3 and 4’o clock in the morning. The walking time is approx. 4 hours (there and back). The hike ends with a hearty mountain breakfast. The fee for participation is EUR 25, including breakfast and rental head lamp, for Brandnertal Card holder.
- Sunrise hiking tour to Mondspitze at 2, 540 metres with Martin Murr, Lech/Arlberg, till 5 october 2019 as part of the program “Lech Living & Experiencing Lech”. Start: 2 to 3 hours before sunrise at Oberlech cable car valley station. Registration deadline 5 pm the day before at the Strolz Shop at the Rüfi passage or online (see collection of links below). Price: EUR 50,-
- The Bregenzerwald also organises guided sunrise hikes to two different peaks for early-birds. In Au-Schoppernau, an early-bird hike runs up to the imposing Kanisfluh (2,044 m) on Tuesdays from 11 June to 15 October 2019. Free for guests staying in Au-Schoppernau. A guided sunrise walk with mountain breakfast is organised every second week from early July to early October from Warth up to Wartherhorn (2,256 m). Or you join a guided sunset walk to Höferspitze (2,131 m) alternating weekly. Free for guests staying in Warth and Schröcken (breakfast not included). For guests of all other resorts, the price for this hike is EUR 20 (2019).
- The Diedamskopfbahn ropeway in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald, offers weekly sunset rides from 4 July to 12 Sepember 2019 with a buffet at the mountain-top. From Diedamskopf, you can take in fascinating panoramic views right to Lake Constance.
- At the terrace of the Kapell restaurant at Hochjoch overlooking Schruns in Montafon, you can admire sunset on Fridays from 5 July to 23 August 2019 with or without a hike, alongside specialities from the barbecue and a performance by the Schruns local folklore group.
- On Tuesdays nights from 9 July to 10 September, Knappastoba and the Kristberg panorama inn invite you for a cosy get-together and watching the sunset at Kristberg, Montafon. Take the Kristbergbahn ropeway at 6:15 pm to mount. You will return at 9:00 p.m. Prior booking is necessary (Knappastoba tel +43 5556-72480; Kristberg panorama inn tel +43 5556-7290)!
- Along the shores of Lake Constance, you will find glamorous sunsets at perfectly west-facing viewpoints. The sunset steps at the harbour pier in Bregenz, the lakeshore between Bregenz and Lochau, and the cafés/restaurants in the Bregenz harbour area are all popular rallying points.
- Guided hiking tour to Zafernhorn, Großes Walsertal
- Guided hiking tours in Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald (information in German)
- Guided sunrise walk to Wartherhorn oder Höferspitze, Warth, Bregenzerwald
- Guided sunrise tour to Mohnenfluh, Lech/Arlberg
- Sunset rides Diedamskopf, Au-Schoppernau, Bregenzerwald (in German)
- Sunset at Hochjoch, Schruns, Montafon
- Sunset at Kristberg, Silbertal, Montafon (in German)