Wherever you go, during the summer months you can start the day with a hearty mountain breakfast at a mountain-top inn or farmed alpine homestead, or sample local fare after an early-morning hike.
Enjoy breakfast in the Rätikon mountains in Brandnertal and in the Grosses Walsertal Biosphere Park
- Start your day of hiking in Brandnertal on the right foot with a delicious daily mountain breakfast from 8-10 am at the Douglass mountain hut on the Lünersee lake above Brand.
Breakfast at the Douglass mountain hut (in German)
- From May to October on Sundays from 9-10:30 am, enjoy a delicious breakfast and great views at the Frööd restaurant at the mountain station of the panorama cable car on the Burtschasattel ridge.
Mountain breakfast at the Frööd restaurant (in German)
- The Alpengasthof Melkboden in the mountains of the Brandertals is reachable by foot or with the Palüdbahn. From July to October you can enjoy a rich mountain breakfast with regional products every saturday and sunday from 8:30 to 11 am. Reservations required.
Breakfast at Alpengasthof Melkboden
- In the heart of the Grosses Walsertal Biosphere Park, farmer Andrea Schwarzmann will treat you to her delicious Alp dairy breakfast at the Steris Alp dairy. Every Wednesday during the Alp season (mid June to the beginning of September), dishes made from the farm’s own ingredients, homemade bread, Alp cheese and Riebel will be served. Reservations required.
Alp breakfast at the Steris Alp dairy
A substantial breakfast is the perfect start to a day filled with impressions.
Numerous restaurants in Montafon invite you to enjoy breakfast up the mountain
- In summer guests will enjoy regional specialities for breakfast on Sundays at the Kapellrestaurant in Schruns or on Wednesdays at the Nova-Stoba at the Versettla Bahn cable car’s mountain station in Gaschurn-Partenen.
Breakfast up the mountain at the Kapellrestaurant and the Nova-Stoba
- Mountain breakfast at 2,130 m elevation at the Schafberg Hüsli inn in Gargellen is particularly recommended. The backdrop is the gorgeous mountain world of Silvretta and Rätikon. Takes place from June to the beginning of October on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30-11 am and daily during Vorarlberg’s school holidays.
Breakfasts at 2,130 m at the Schafberg Hüsli
- The special “Kultur.Frühstück.Montafon” breakfast features hearty specialities like Montafon Sura Kees cheese, smoked ham, fresh milk and butter. Dining takes place daily on the sun terrace of the Panoramagasthof Kristberg inn. Afterwards, guests can participate in a mountain miners tour at the St. Agatha chapel. Reservations appreciated.
Mountain breakfast at Panoramagasthof Kristberg
- Due to its unique location at 1,500 meters the Alpengasthaus Rellseck is one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the Montafon. From July to September every Wednesday from 8 to 10 am a rustic mountain breakfast takes place in the nature. Reservations required.
Breakfast at Alpengasthaus Rellseck
Additional mountain breakfast offers in Montafon
Enjoy breakfast in the mountains of Bregenzerwald
- Start your day off right and let the Simma family treat you to a hearty mountain breakfast from 9-11 am at the Roßstelle mountain inn in Mellau. Reservations appreciated.
Breakfast at the Roßstelle mountain inn (in German)
- High above Bezau, the Baumgarten panorama restaurant serves up a delicious mountain breakfast against the backdrop of stunning panoramic views from 9-10:30 am daily throughout the year. Reservations required.
Mountain breakfast at the Baumgarten panorama restaurant (in German)
- Enjoy an exceptional Alp-farm breakfast on Fridays during the summer months at the snug Haldenalpe, located just 20 min on foot from the village centre of Damüls. In addition to offering homemade bread, cheese, and dairy products, Lukas from the Hotel “dr’Berghof” serves traditional Vorarlberg Riebel. Reservations required.
Alp-farm breakfast at the Haldenalpe (in German)
- On the Diedamskopf mountain, guests in summertime can expect a delicious mountain breakfast at the panorama restaurant with sun terrace located at the mountain station. Takes place every Tuesday (Wednesdays when additionally possible) from 8 to 11 am.
Mountain breakfast at the Diedamskopf panorama restaurant
Mountain breakfast in Kleinwalsertal
- A delicious Alp-dairy breakfast featuring products of the own agriculture and dairy as well as regional products of the Walser Buura and beekeeper takes place at the Innere Wiesalpe in the Wildental every Tuesday from 8:30 am. Reservations required at the latest on the day before.
Alp breakfast at the Innere Wiesalpe (in German)
Mountain breakfast in Vorarlberg: A culinary experience for all the senses and a healthy way to start the day.
Breakfast on the mountain in Lech Zürs am Arlberg
- With views of the surrounding mountains, the Rüfikopf panorama restaurant at 2,350 m elevation offers delicious breakfast on their sun terrace from 8:30 to 11:00 am every Sunday from July to August.
Panorama breakfast at the Rüfikopf