A delicious way to start the day
Experience the mood of the morning up a mountain during a panoramic mountain breakfast.
Wherever you go, during the summer months you can start the day with a hearty mountain breakfast at a mountain-top inn or farmed alpine homestead, or sample local fare after an early-morning hike.
Enjoy breakfast in Brandnertal, Grosses Walsertal & Klostertal
- In summer you can enjoy different breakfast variations á la Carte every day and every sunday a mountain breakfast buffet with panoramic view in the Frööd restaurant at the mountain station of the panoramic cable car at the Burtschasattel.
Breakfast at the Frööd restaurant in the Brandnertal (in German)
- The Alpengasthof Melkboden in the mountains of the Brandertals is reachable by foot or with the Palüdbahn. From June to October you can enjoy a rich mountain breakfast with regional products every saturday and sunday. Reservations required.
Breakfast at Alpengasthof Melkboden in the Brandnertal (in German)
- From July to August Andrea Schwarzmann prepares an alpine breakfast with farm and regional products every Wednesday at the Alpe Steris. The alpine pasture can be reached in 1.5 to 2 hours on foot or comfortably with the alpine bus. Reservations required.
Alpine breakfast on the Alpe Steris in the Grosses Walsertal
- In the mountain restaurant Sonnenkopf in the Klostertal you can enjoy a rich mountain breakfast daily at 2,000 m above sea level. Sun terrace and panoramic view included. Reservations required.
Mountain breakfast at Sonnenkopf in the Klostertal
A substantial breakfast is the perfect start to a day filled with impressions.
Numerous restaurants in Montafon invite you to enjoy breakfast up the mountain
- Mountain breakfast at 2,130 m elevation at the Schafberg Hüsli inn in Gargellen is particularly recommended. The backdrop is the gorgeous mountain world of Silvretta and Rätikon. Takes place from June to the beginning of October on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays and daily during Vorarlberg’s school holidays. Reservations appreciated.
Breakfasts at 2,130 m at the Schafberg Hüsli
- The special “Kultur.Frühstück.Montafon” breakfast features hearty specialities like Montafon Sura Kees cheese, smoked ham, fresh milk and butter. Dining takes place daily on the sun terrace of the Panoramagasthof Kristberg inn. Afterwards, guests can participate in a mountain miners tour at the St. Agatha chapel. Reservations appreciated.
Mountain breakfast at Panoramagasthof Kristberg
- Due to its unique location at 1,500 meters the Alpengasthaus Rellseck is one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the Montafon. From July to September every Wednesday a rustic mountain breakfast takes place in the nature. Reservations required.
Breakfast at Alpengasthaus Rellseck
- In summer guests will enjoy regional specialities for breakfast on Sundays at the Kapellrestaurant in Schruns or on Wednesdays at the Nova-Stoba at the Versettla Bahn cable car’s mountain station in Gaschurn-Partenen.
Breakfast up the mountain at the Kapellrestaurant and the Nova-Stoba
- At 1,485 m, you can enjoy a fine daily mountain breakfast at the Brunellawirt in the summer months in the middle of the Gafrescha. No Reservation required.
BMountain breakfast at the Brunellawirt
- The Gauertalhaus is the first organic-certified refuge of the Naturefriends Austria. Upon advance reservation, guests enjoy a daily mountain breakfast with homemade organic products from Kristahof.
Breakfast in organic quality in the Gauertalhaus
Additional mountain breakfast offers in Montafon
Enjoy breakfast in the mountains of Bregenzerwald
- The Alpine Guesthouse Edelweiss on the Öberle welcomes guests after the sunrise hike on the Kanisfluh daily from 7.00 am with a mountain breakfast with regional delicacies (Tuesdays day off). Reservation until the day before.
Mountain breakfast at the Edelweiss on the Öberle (in German)
- Start your day off right and let the Simma family treat you to a hearty mountain breakfast at the Roßstelle mountain inn in Mellau. Reservations appreciated.
Breakfast at the Roßstelle mountain inn (in German)
- Breakfast with a view of the Biberkopf, Karhorn, Wartherhorn and Trettachspitze peaks at the Walser mountain breakfast, which is offered daily in summer at the Hochalp hut in Warth in the Bregenzerwald. Specialities from neighboring farms and the region as well as the typical Vorarlberger Riebel await hungry hikers. Please register by the day before.
Mountain breakfast at the Hochalp hut
- Enjoy an exceptional Alp-farm breakfast on Fridays during the summer months at the snug Haldenalpe, located just 25 min on foot from the village centre of Damüls. In addition to offering homemade bread, cheese, and dairy products, Lukas from the Hotel “dr’Berghof” serves sausages from their own animals and traditional Vorarlberg Riebel. Reservations required.
Alp-farm breakfast at the Haldenalpe (in German)
- After a 25-minute walk from the Diedamskopf or Au-Schoppernau cable cars, you will reach the Alpe Unterdiedams. There family Schweizer serves a daily gourmet breakfast with farm-fresh and regional ingredients from the end of May until the end of August. Reservation required.
Gourmet breakfast at the Alpe Unterdiedams (in German)
- On the Alpe Brongen from End of May until End of August every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 9.00 am on guests can expect an an alpine breakfast with specialties such as ham, bacon and cheese from farm own production. Reservation required.
Breakfast at Alpe Brongen (in German)
- At the foot of the Mittagspitze, the Elsenalpstube invites you to a mountain breakfast every Sunday during the summer months. The ideal start for a hike in the surrounding mountains.
Mountain breakfast in the Elsenalpstube (in German)
- On the Diedamskopf mountain, one of the most beautiful mountains with a view in the Bregenzerwald, guests in summertime can expect a delicious mountain breakfast at the panorama restaurant with sun terrace located at the mountain station. Takes place every Tuesday and Wednesdays. Reservations required.
Mountain breakfast at the Diedamskopf panorama restaurant (in German)
- High above Bezau, the Baumgarten panorama restaurant serves up a delicious mountain breakfast against the backdrop of stunning panoramic views daily throughout the year. Reservations required.
Mountain breakfast at the Baumgarten panorama restaurant (in German)
More breakfast-opportunities on the mountain and in the valley in the Bregenzerwald
Breakfast on the mountain around Lech Zürs and Stuben am Arlberg
- With views of the surrounding mountains as Omeshorn, Rote Wand und Mohnenfluh, the Rüfikopf panorama restaurant at 2,350 m elevation offers delicious breakfast on their sun terrace every day from July to August.
Panorama breakfast at the Rüfikopf
- Every Friday the mountain restaurant Kriegeralpe serves its guests a mountain breakfast. In front of the hut deck chairs invite you to enjoy the mountain sun.
Mountain breakfast at the Kriegeralpe
- The Kaltenberghütte at the junction between Arlberg, Klostertal and Verwall invites you to the most beautiful meal of the day. Every day regional food is seved for a mountain breakfast, followed by relaxing in a deck chair. In 2021 the Kaltenberghütte was awarded the environmental seal of approval for the environmentally friendly and energy-efficient operation and management of the hut. Reservation required the day before.
Mountain breakfast at the Kaltenberghütte (in German)
- A breakfast in the mountains in a special ambience offers from July to mid-September the ski lodge der WOLF above Lech am Arlberg. Designed by the Vorarlberg architect Bernado Bader, the building style is based on the tradition of building in the Alps. Through the large windows, you almost have the feeling of enjoying the various breakfast options in the midst of nature.
Breakfast at the Wolf (in German)
- The mountain restaurant Seekopf, located next to the Zürsersee, now opens its doors also in summer. Breakfast with a view is served daily!
Facebook page of the mountain restaurant Seekopf (in German)
Mountain breakfast in Kleinwalsertal
A delicious Alp-dairy breakfast featuring products of the own agriculture and dairy as well as regional products of the Walser Buura and beekeeper takes place at the Innere Wiesalpe in the Wildental every Tuesday from 8:30 am. Reservations required at the latest on the day before.
From July to September there is a very special experience on the Walmendingerhorn on certain dates. As early as sunrise, the cable car takes you up to the summit at an altitude of almost 2,000 meters. After a service at the mountain, a rich breakfast buffet awaits all early risers in the mountain restaurant. Ticket purchase required in advance.
Mountain breakfast in Vorarlberg: A culinary experience for all the senses and a healthy way to start the day.
Breakfast with a view of the Rhine Valley
At 976 meters, a fine mountain breakfast is served on saturdays, sundays and holidays in the panorama restaurant on the Karren – Dornbirn’s local mountain. In a cozy atmosphere with a view of the Rhine Valley and the international Lake Constance.
On weekends, guests of the Falba Stuba in Gapfohl enjoy not only a rich breakfast buffet, but also a dreamlike scenery. In case of bad weather, a shuttle service is optionally available. Advance reservation is requested.