This hike is dedicated to the themes of forests and wood. Beautiful views of the villages in the valley keep opening up along the way.
The hike leads from Mellau along the Bregenzerache and up the wooded Gopf with its alpine huts. Hikers can enjoy the refreshing forest air along the way and see for themselves how enduring wood is and its play of colours. The wooden shingles on the buildings, for example, are generally made from spruce wood that hasn’t been processed in any way. The shingles take on different shades of brown and grey over time depending on how the sunlight hits them. The historic wooden bridge over which the path leads presents itself in grey-brown. While the creatively designed benches are sometimes really colourful.
Difficulty: schwer Technique: Condition: Experience: Landscape: Altitude: Best season: JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC Safety instructions:
• Only go into the mountains if you are in good physical condition.
• Take a snack and (warm) drinks with you.
• Don’t leave too late – dusk sets in earlier in autumn.
• Obtain information about the weather conditions. Don’t leave in fog. Cancel the tour if the weather deteriorates.
• Orientation aids such as map, altimeter are helpful. Stay on the marked path.
• Take your mobile phone and first aid kit with you.
Emergency numbers (free of charge):
112 euro emergency number
140 Alpine emergencies Austria