Your pleasant and above all safe stay is a matter close to our hearts. Comprehensive measures are in place to reduce the number of infections and thus the risk of infection to a minimum. The Austrian Federal Government has decided on adjustments to the measures for the coming months. The capacity of intensive care units (ICU) will be used as a benchmark for changing the measueres again according to a 3-step plan. Currently, the measures and regulations of Stage 1 apply. More details you will find further down the page.
The following rules have been announced for a safe winter season 2021/22: FFP-2 mask obligation and 3-G proof (vaccinated, recoverd, tested) for the use of cable cars, for advent and Christmas markets. Night gastronomy rules apply to après-ski. For gastronomy and accommodation, the 3-G rule applies as before. ATTENTION: For test proofs, restrictions are to be expected from level 2 on of the national 3-step plan (no validity of “living room tests”, in step 3 only PCR tests are valid). For vaccinated and recovered persons, however, there will be hardly any restrictions.
- In accommodations, the 3-G rule applies. When entering accommodation for the first time, a valid proof of a complete vaccination (valid from the second vaccination, in case of vaccination with Johnson & Johnson from the first vaccination), a confirmation of a recovered Covid-19 infection or a negative test result (PCR test not older than 72 hours, antigen test or self-test with registration in each case not older than 24h) is required.
- Services at the hotel may only be used with a valid 3-G certificate.
- In gastronomy, the 3-G rule applies.
- For optimal contact tracing, a guest registration requirement applies.
- For a visit in night clubs, a proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test result (valid for max. 72 hours) is required. Proof of a recovered infection is not sufficient. A change of the entry requirements to a 2-G rule is possible according to the 3-step plan (Stage 2).
Leisure & Culture
- The 3-G rule applies for visits to leisure facilities (e.g. swimming pools) as well as events, guided tours and workshops in cultural facilities.
- For visits in museums, wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory for people without proof of vaccination or confirmation of a recovered Covid 19 infection. Wearing an FFP2 mask is recommended for those who have been vaccinated and have recovered.
- For events from 25 to 500 people, the 3-G rule applies. Mostly testing is also possible at the event venues.
Retail & Shops
- In stores for daily needs, such as supermarkets, banks, post offices, pharmacies, drugstores or gas stations, a FFP2 mask is mandatory.
- In addition, wearing an FFP2 mask in retail stores (e.g. clothing stores) is mandatory for people without proof of vaccination or confirmation of a recovered Covid 19 infection. Wearing an FFP2 mask is recommended for vaccinated and recovered people.
Public Transport & cable cars
- FFP2 masks are mandatory in public transport, in the entry and waiting areas as well as in closed gondolas, cabins and coverable chair lifts.
- Proof of vaccination, confirmation of a survived Covid 19 infection or a negative test result is not required!
- You can find the current operating times of cable cars here.
Vaccinated – Recovered – Tested: Information on validity
- Vaccination is valid from the day of the 2nd vaccination as evidence of a low epidemiological risk and is valid for 12 months.
- Vaccines where only one vaccination is scheduled are valid from the 22nd day after vaccination and are valid for 9 months from the day of vaccination.
- For recovered people who have been vaccinated once, the vaccination proof is valid for 12 months from the date of vaccination.
Approved vaccines: BioNtech/Pfizer (2 doses), AstraZeneca (2 doses), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen (1 dose), Moderna (2 doses), Sinopharm (2 doses), Sinovac (2 doses).
- Those who have recovered are exempt from testing for 6 months after the end of the infection. A certificate of segregation or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology, for example, is considered as proof.
- Evidence of neutralizing antibodies is valid for 3 months from the time of testing.
- Antigen self-tests with registration recorded in an official data processing system are valid for 24 hours from sample collection.
- Point-of-sale tests are valid for single entry into sports facilities, restaurants, hotels and events.
- Rapid antigen tests from an authorized site are valid 24 hours as entry tests for restaurants, hotels etc. (48 hours to entering the country).
- PCR tests are valid 72 hours from sample collection.
Attention: According to the national pandemic response 3-step plan (measures depend on the capacity of intensive care beds in hospitals), the validity of antigen self-tests as well as rapid antigen tests from an authorized body may be restricted or cancelled. The requirement to present valid proof does not apply to children up to the age of 12.
3-Step plan and its measures
Stage 1: Corona ICU occupancy of 10% - effective from 15 September 2021
Currently, the measures and regulations of Step 1 apply.
- Hotels/Accommodation and Gastronomy: 3-G proof
- Events with more than 25 people (previously 100 persons): 3-G proof
- Night clubs & large events with more than 500 people: Proof of vaccination or negative PCR test result (valid for max. 72 hours).
- Validity of antigen tests now only 24 hours
- FFP2 masks are mandatory in public transport, cable cars and stores for daily needs (e.g. supermarket, banks, post offices, gas stations)
- FFP2 masks are mandatory in general retail (e.g. clothing stores) as well as, among others, in museums, exhibitions and libraries for people who do not have a valid vaccination or recovery certificate
Stage 2: Corona ICU occupancy of 15% - effective 7 days after the limit is reached
The following measures come into effect:
- Antigen self tests (“living room tests”) are no longer permitted as part of the 3-G rule
- Introduction of the 2-G rule (vaccinated and recovered – omission of testing) for night clubs and events without assigned seating for more than 500 people
Stage 3: Corona ICU occupancy of 20% - effective 7 days after the limit is reached
The following measures come into effect:
Antigen testing is no longer allowed as proof of the 3-G rule. Therefore, the following confirmations apply:
- PCR tested (valid for max. 72 hours)