Please inform yourself about the applicable local measures under Holiday & Leisure and the entry regulations before starting your trip.
Testing facilities on site
Free PCR gargle tests can be collected from 172 locations (53 pharmacies and 119 SPAR and Sutterlüty grocery shops) in all villages and returned for testing. Here you will find more information on registration and the procedure.
Guests residing outside of Austria can take advantage of 5 PCR tests per month free of charge.
And if something does happen? Should the result of your test be positive, please contact the health hotline 1450 and inform your host! If the PCR test is positive, traffic restrictions apply to you, i.e. among other things, you must always wear an FFP2 mask indoors. If you are tested Corona positive, here you will find useful information about what to do next.
- Please check the applicable regulations again before your arrival and departure. You will find the most important information under Entry/Return. For an interactive travel planner listing the applicable rules see: reopen.europa.eu.
- Take out trip cancellation insurance that also covers cancellation in the event of a corona. Make an appointment for a corona test shortly before departure. This way you will get across the border safely and have a current negative test result as well. If, contrary to expectations, the test result is positive before your arrival, please contact your travel insurance company.
Vaccinated – Recovered – Tested (G rules): Information on validity
- From 1 February 2022, the validity period of a double vaccination will be reduced to 180 days.The double vaccination of the under 18s is valid for 210 days.
- A one-time Johnson vaccination is no longer valid as of 3.1.2022. A second vaccination is required.
- For recovered people who have been vaccinated once, the vaccination proof is valid for 180 days from the date of vaccination.
- After receiving another vaccination (= 3rd dose, “booster”) the validity is again 365 days.
Approved vaccines: BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Moderna, Novavax. Sinopharm and Sinovac are only valid for entry into Austria. The digital EU-vaccination certificate, the yellow vaccination certificate, a vaccination card or a printout/PDF of the data from the e-vaccination certificate are considered as proof of vaccination.
Recovered or vaccinated (2G):
- Those who have recovered are exempt from testing for 6 months after the end of the infection. A certificate of segregation or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology, for example, is considered as proof.
Recovered, vaccinated or tested (3G):
- A PCR test (72 hours) or antigen test (24 hours) are valid as proof of testing.
- Children up to the age of 12 do not require testing or proof of 3G in Austria.
PLEASE NOTE: A 3G proof is only valid together with a photo ID!