Current situation / measures in Vorarlberg/Austria
Please observe the 1-meter distance rule!
Current information 16.07.2020
- Current travel warnings:
As of 16 July, the following countries have been issued with travel warnings in view of the high corona numbers: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Republic of Moldova, Great Britain, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey and Belarus.
- Flight connections:
The airports of Vienna, Salzburg and Innsbruck are in operation, partly with limited services. Austrian Airlines has started flight operations. Please contact your airline as soon as possible to find out whether a planned flight is actually taking place. The flight connection from Altenrhein (CH) to Vienna has been in operation again since 15 June.Current: Status 16 July 2020
Landing bans in Austria for flights out: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Egypt, Iran, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Serbia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, China.
- Public transport in Vorarlberg:
Trains and busses are on the normal timetable. Information at www.v-mobil.at.
- Train connections:
Long-distance cross-border traffic between Austria and its neighbouring countries is maintained. Up-to-date information can be found on ÖBB’s website. Current information here – (ÖBB)
Info hotline ÖBB Customer Service under tel: 05-1717 (0 – 24 h)
General arrangement in Vorarlberg:
- The general rule is that people with whom one does not live in a common household must be kept at a distance of one meter.
- The obligation to protect the mouth and nose (except for children under 6 years of age) still applies in public transport, in the health sector and in pharmacies, for services where the minimum distance cannot be maintained.
- Recommendation of the Federal Government: Wear MNS protection where the minimum distance of one meter cannot be maintained.
- All further information and details can be found on (in german only)
From 1.7.2020: Indoor up to 250 / outdoor – events up to 500 visitors (cinemas also from 1.7.)
From 1.8.2020: Indoor up to 500 – 100 (permission) / outdoor – events 750 – 1250 visitors (permission)
From 1 September: Events with assigned and marked seats and with the approval of the responsible district administrative authority & prevention concept: indoor 5,000, outdoor 10,000
In the case of closed events, the closing time (1.00 am) is waived.
- Events without assigned and marked seats: Increase from currently 100 to max. 200 persons.
Basic principles for events: Seats only, minimum distance 1 meter
- Further information can be found under the special information of the Ministry of Social Affairs (in german)
- Please always observe the exit and entry regulations and measures in your home country!
- More information on border openings and travel restrictions can be found on the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of the Interior.
- Current travel warnings of the Federal Ministry
Cancellation of trips
Since cancellation terms depend on indicudual circumsatances, please refer directly to your contractual partner.
Hotlines and Info
If you show symptoms or suspect that you are infected
please avoid crowds and public transport. Put yourself in quarantine and call the Health Hotline 1450, (from all over Austria at local rates) where you will receive further instructions!
Snow report, weather, traffic information and road conditions report:
Current road-condition reports are available from the ÖAMTC and ARBÖ automobile clubs and via the local radio stations “ORF Radio Vorarlberg” and “Antenne Vorarlberg” (ultra-shortwave radio, frequencies posted along the highway).
- Traffic information english (ASFINAG)
- Traffic app (in 14 languages) available for download (ASFINAG)
- ÖAMTC traffic service (in german only)
- ÖAMTC emergency service on the roads (reachable 24/7) (in german only)
- ÖBB (Austrian railways)
- ÖBB – current offers of Austrian railways in Vorarlberg
- Railway info Vorarlberg (ÖBB)
- ASFINAG Toll Informations
Snow report and weather in Vorarlberg:
- Special in winter: Vorarlberg snow report
- Special in winter: Avalanche warning report from the State of Vorarlberg
- ZAMG – Official Weather for Vorarlberg
- Vorarlberg weather ring (Regional weather Vorarlberg & Lake Constance)
- Livecams Vorarlberg
Safety in the mountains:
In both winter and summertimes, there are a few things one should know to have a safe (and therefore fun) time when moving about in the mountains and nature. The following are our tips, information and emergency numbers, as well as our rules and tips for you equipment.
Important emergency numbers:
European Emergency Number: 112
(Public Safety Answering Point)