Do you love the mountains? Discover the variety of mountain sports up close and personal with Berggespür Vorarlberg. Professional Vorarlberg mountain guides will hike with you off the beaten tracks and into the sunset, guide you on a via ferrata, introduce you to sport climbing, swimming in a mountain lake, e-biking and the most glorious High-Alpine tours. The collaborative 6-8 people team climb a maximum of 1000 metres per day or 1300 metres by e-bike. During thel tours, participants can try out new activities in a safe environment, challenge themselves and discover their personal limits. Along the way, they’ll deepen their skills in the mountains while learning more about Vorarlberg’s mountain environment from professional Vorarlberg mountain guides.
Always on the move, participants discover Vorarlberg’s various regions from north to south including the Bregenzerwald, Arlberg, Klostertal, and Montafon areas. Small groups profit from the experience of professional mountain guides who provide insights into basic techniques for various mountain sports as well as their deep knowledge about movement in the mountains. But that’s not all: Learn exciting anecdotes and information about geology, plants, animals and Vorarlberg’s people as you hike.
This is an intense mountain experience and an opportunity to learn more about oneself and the mountains.
Though Berggespür Vorarlberg tours are physically demanding, there is also space for comfort and relaxation. Recovery for body and mind is part of the programme that includes luggage transport, restful overnight stays (in hotels where available), delicious cuisine in the evening, special places to stop for a break during the day, and breaks in nature that offer peace and quiet.
Tour overview (German only)
- Stage 1: Sunset day at the Höferspitze
- Stage 2: Via ferrata day at the Karhorn
- Stage 3: Climbing day at the Spullerplatten
- Stage 4: Mountain lake day at the Gretschersee
- Stage 5: E-bike day (Bielerhöhe pass) and hike to the Wiesbadener Hütte mountain hut
- Stage 6: High-Alpine tour day at the Piz Buin
- Over the course of 7 days, try out different Alpine sports: via ferrata and sport climbing, e-biking, and a High-Alpine tour
- Hike off the beaten track through Vorarlberg’s various regions including the Bregenzerwald, Arlberg, Klostertal & Montafon areas
- Close personal attention from 2 certified mountain guides (max. 4 persons per guide)
- Learn from the pros: Deepen your knowledge of mountain sports, learn useful tips and tricks for moving in the mountain, and learn more about Vorarlberg’s unique environment
- Take a time out in Alpine nature
- Small groups of 6-8 people
- Designed for people in good physical condition who would like to learn more about the different types of mountain sports available beyond hiking
- 04-10/07/2020 and 04-10/09/2020
- Booking for groups of 6-8 people are possible at any time
- Personalised attention from 2 certified mountain guides
- 5 overnight stays in 3-4*hotels and 1 at the Wiesbadener Hütte mountain hut
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunch packages, 6 dinners
- 4 cable car journeys
- Luggage transport
- Use of public transport and bus journey to the Spullersee lake
- E-bike rental and return transport
Berggespür Vorarlberg is ideal for people in good physical condition. Sure-footedness and stamina are required to complete hikes of up to 6 hours over uneven terrain. All hikes feature regular and relaxing breaks. Specific technical expertise is not required.
Participants are responsible for bringing the most important basics: Well broken-in, (and if necessary) crampon-ready hiking boots, rain and wind protection, a rucksack, headlamp, via ferrata gloves, telescoping hiking poles with large baskets, gloves, a sleeping bag liner, swim trunks/bikini, a towel, sun screen, and a first aid kit.
The following can be rented: crampons, climbing shoes, via ferrata set, hip belt, climbing helmet.
Berggespür Vorarlberg was developed by Vorarlberg Tourismus in cooperation with the Vorarlberg Mountain Guide Association.